Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Plans for my 75 gallon

I have gotten the idea to convert my 75g fresh water tank into a planted tank, but before this can happen I will have to find a new home for my common pleco. My plan is to heavily plant the 75g which has only plastic plants and some drift wood I found in the St. Johns River. Everyone who is in the fish hobby knows what it’s like to get an idea for a new tank setup. Once you have the idea it is impossible get it out of your heard. The plan right now is to build a low tech setup to start with and convert to high tech over time. I also want to try and do a dirt substrate for the first time. To convert this tank over will take a bunch of work because I will have to remove all the sand substrate out and put in the dirt and then put the sand back in. I think I might try and go with a gravel substrate instead of the sand. Right now it’s in the planning stage. The first thing I am going to need will be the center piece of the new setup. I plan on finding a big spider piece of drift wood for the center piece. Once I have the dirt and drift wood the only thing I will be missing is the lights. I think I will be going with T5 lights instead of LED because of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment